Sunday, April 17, 2011

POETIC: 3 HUGE CASTING ANNOUNCEMENTS!

"A young married couple find themselves in a life threatening situation when a homicidal maniac, simply known as "Cowboy," has taken them hostage in their own home." Explains writer and director Matthew Cichella. "Lies, secrets and a shocking betrayal become exposed and this Cowboy has some thoughts of his own on just what needs to be done to rectify the situation."


Last week, we made the huge announcement that Giovanni Pauletti would be starring in Never Submit Entertainment's feature film, POETIC as the homicidal manic simply known as Cowboy.

This week we have not one, not two, but three casting reveals and they are going to be huge!

First up, we are very proud and happy to announce that Kitsie Duncan will be joining the cast, playing the female lead role of Riley, the wife that is taken hostage by Cowboy. Kitsie is known for her amazing performance in the film "Lethal Obsession" and will very soon be appearing in Travis Legge's Monster Mash.

Much like Giovanni Pauletti, it appears it was a no contest when casting Kitsie for this role as director Matthew Cichella explains she was the one and only person he offered the role to.

"I've followed Kitsie's career for a while now, and we've all seen her be the villain in her films. And she's terrific at it. No doubt about it, but for me, I knew there was so much more in her range of acting that she just hasn't gotten a chance to show. So she was the first person I sent the script to when looking for a Riley. I wasn't sure if she would do it - it's extremely intense and definitely going to be out of the comfort range for a lot of actresses, but not Kitsie. She wanted the role and jumped at the opportunity. I didn't let her on at first it was a done deal ...she fought for the role ...and that just means she is really gonna blow people away when they see this."

Kitsie Duncan is currently filming the Darkrider Studios production, Mother's Blood, so her time is very sparse at the moment, but we did manage to catch up with her, while she was running on no sleep at all, and she was still kind enough to give us a brief statement about her involvement with Poetic.

"I wanted to be a part of POETIC because of the intense story line, It reminds me of CAPE FEAR and the intensity of that film." explains Kitsie. "I fought for the role of Riley because it is a part like none other that I have played before.  I really felt for her when I read the script."

As if the announcement of Kitsie joining the cast was not big enough, we still have two more announcements. And the next announcement is one that we are very excited to let everyone in on and that is that Heather Dorff has joined the cast and she will be playing the role of Julie, the wife of Cowboy, who has a few secrets of her own.

"Once I read the script for POETIC I was dead set on being part of the project." Heather revealed. "Not only is the script unique and interesting but those involved thus far are also awesome and talented people. Some I've worked with before and some I've only heard great things about but I am extremely excited and honored to be part of this film!"

Much like Kitsie was earlier, Heather is also keeping busy on the Mother's Blood set, but she also took a few moments to tell us what it was about the role of Julie that made her want to take part in this psychological thriller.

"The role of Julie stood out to me right from the start. Not only is the role one that will effectively show and broaden my range as an actress, but also be unique to anything else I've done previously, all while allowing me to play the always fun role of the antagonist."

When asked about Heather Dorff joining the cast Matthew Cichella was very enthusiastic about the chance to work with her. "Heather is amazing. She starred in Ron Purtee's Social Media Massacre, which I executive produced, and while I didn't get a chance to work with her on set at the time, I did know I wanted to work with her someday. She's so talented and I really think this role is going to show off her talent in a way people won't expect. It's so different for her ...it's going to be amazing!"

And that's not it for the casting announcements. We still have one more to go! Rob Romero will be once again going in front of the camera for Never Submit Entertainment and this time he'll be playing the role of, Randy. Rob was announced last week as the church going Mr. Patterson in Innocent Looks 2, but this time around he will be playing someone completely the opposite.

"Why did I chose to take on the role of Randy? That's an easy one. This character I feel offers the viewer a sense of an 'I don’t give a shit attitude' and a just leave me the hell alone persona. There are times in my own life that I feel the same way as Randy."


 Rob may be new to the acting world, but he's making some serious strides and if one thing is for sure, it's he knows exactly what he's looking for!


 "When I read the script, it was very apparent to me that Mr. Cichella wrote it with a sense of Passion. As I completed my reading of Poetic, I totally believe it has a powering storyline, with interesting characters, that will drive people to want to see this film more than once and recommend it to others. Envisioning this is what drove my own passion to want be a part of this film."

We're hoping Rob is right! Not only that, but we're hoping that people will take an interest in the film even before it's release because we are depending on our fans and the independent film community to get this film made.

Fans and/or investors can help get this feature into production by donating to the IndieGoGo campaign. This is the only way we can make this film a reality so please donate if you can or share the IndieGoGo link with your friends. There are some amazing perks like getting the DVD before its official release, as well as your name in the credits as a producer! Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment